Had a busy day yesterday, so I'll have to late file a few of yesterday's events today.
- FairWin: when your favorite ETH ponzi scheme is already dead and left by its creators / exit scammers, but it is still reliable for the lion's share of ETH transaction fees paid, driving up transaction prices for everyone.
- Introducing Taquito, another TypeScript development suite for Tezos smart contracts. 👍
- Looks like shitcoins are making their way into the normie world: after Tron infected BitTorrent 🤮, IOTA is now infecting the Linux Foundation. My guess was that CFB will make sure there's some funny entertainment in regards to the whole thing, but I learned that IOTA already made sure this won't happen.
- I somehow missed this, yesterday: Binance does not only list Tezos, but also BEAM. Nice!
- Bakkt after launch volume compared to the CME Bitcoin futures volume post launch.
- ftx.com – what the hell is that?! 😂 They're not even making a deal out of the fact they're trading shitcoins. Their ticker for low cap coins is "SHIT".
- Reading up on that platform. They have a pretty interesting concept for creating crypto derivatives which are tied to actual markets. Worth a read!
- I expected Kim Dotcom to give up on his shitcoin. But as exchanges now make it easy for scammers to rip off people (using IEOs), there's new incentive and he probably just couldn't resist.
- Bitcoin is relentlessly testing its support in the 9.500 area, and it even broke through for a moment. Will it hold? I really don't know… it might be a good idea to wait until we get a clean direction, even if it means missing some of the profits. I recommend not to catch the falling knife.
- Ok, 9.500 is far gone by now. Bitcoin touched 8.000 (depending on where you look). Brings this tweet back into my mind.
Today is a good day. To pimp the site a bit (and, to be honest, to satisfy my need to use emojis while typing), I added the emoji plugin to the TYPO3 extension ckeditor. Worked like a charm, until I tried actually using it. Whenever I wrote data to the MySQL database, it threw an error 🤦♂️, hinting me toward a charset error. So I checked all db settings, the tables themselves and finally managed to get it to work. Yay! 💪
- Steven Nerayoff, early Ethhead, got charged with extortion. This is pretty fucked up and I hope he rots in jail. 20 years sounds fair to me.
- I didn't even know that Poloniex regularly donates to @grinMW's open source development. Think of Poloniex what you want, and no question did they fuck up certain things, but giving back to the projects which allow them to make money in the first place is a good thing.
- When crypto influencers don't know what to write about, anymore, they just recycle their old tweets, hoping nobody notices. 😁
- Non crypto related: cop places drugs in innocent peoples' cars, which in at least one case lead to a father being separated from his children due to "possession" of methamphetamine. Wouldn't this be a great use of the death penalty?
- It seems people (as well as contributors to the ecosystem) finally start realizing that a centralized blockchain with little to show but a stupidly huge ICO of 4.1 billion USD (yes, you read that right) is nothing but a failure.
- What a great day. Shitcoins go straight through the roof and then, Electronic Arts pops in, telling people to "invest in Crypto". Awesome! 🚀🚀🚀
- Bitwise talking about market efficiency, institutional level crypto custody and some more babble to shill their ETF to the SEC. Yo dude, markets have changed!!1