Fellow Shitcoiners, Gamblers, Degenerates!
This is my shitcoin blog. You can also find me on Twitter under the handle @allyouracid (give me a follow if you want, or don't – I don't really care). If anyone has links or any other material on recent scams, frauds or other interesting stuff in Cryptoland, send me an email at… wait, don't send me an email, I'll find the good stuff myself. You can tag me on Twitter if necessary.
There are days when I want to blog just for the sake of continuing this blog. But there are other days when the lines almost type on their own. Today is such a day, you find one thing worth mentioning and it just gets more and more and more... and more. What a great day; today, we've had everything: scams, El Salvador, Number go up. And I don't even wanna know what I missed. But see for yourself:
- CashioApp casually losing 50 million to sloppy smart contract coding (they fked up the verification of a field which badly needs verification). Happens to the best of us.
- CashioApp calls it an "infinite mint bug". I agree, it does sound nicer and maybe nobody digs deep enough. Oh wait, they already did. 😂
- Tezos looking good, today. It's basically doing the same thing it did before the last run up. Slow & steady climbing, and if all goes well, it will transition into a solid rally. Tezos: it is time. 🚀
- Haven / XHV: one of my favorite projects. And it pulled a decent x2 in the past days. Only thing which sucks: I barely have any exposure. Reason for that are the past exploits: we had no idea how much fake XHV are around, and while the idea was that the market already absorbed everything early on, we couldn't know for sure. And with the continued dumping, recently, there could be someone with a whole integer space of fake XHV. It was just too much risk for me. If my bag was Haven instead of Tezos, bought at the low, I'd have made life changing money with that trade, but sometimes, you gotta miss out. Very much so if you can't properly assess the risk associated with a trade. No hard feelings here.
- But I do hope it moons, and it moons strongly. For the xChads. They're an impressive crowd.
- Isn't DeFi just great? Fucking over people in plain sight, a known problem with no real solution to it (if you set the slippage to "yes", that is).
- Big Brother™ crapping its pants because El Salvador is using Bitcoin as legal tender. You can't make this shit up lmao.
- Btw, if you wonder what the "Word Bank" is: in Germany, we call it "Duden".
- Gonna mention that it's always good to read a bit through the replies in such threads. 😂
- General note: I'm sick of this lame server. Just for running this website, I've rented the smallest version possible, for 5 or 10 bucks a month. And it was enough. But since I'm also running Gitlab here, it isn't. This beast is just sooo hungry, especially when you have a couple of pipelines and other automation. I just upgraded to a 40$ box.
- Update: much, much better. Backend reacts fast as hell and my pipelines don't get stuck. Should have done this earlier.
- Can I deduct 500$ of private monthly server costs from my taxes? Asking for a friend.
- …and two more days until I can get a – hopefully negative, then – covid test to FINALLY end this annoying as shit quarantine. I'm really not a person who's outside much, but being forced to stay at home really starts taking its toll. Can't wait.
Oh, one more thing before I go to bed: watch out for hidden things! 👀
First off, I'm currently not able to post as much as I want to. Reason is that we're in the middle of moving to another place. Well, not technically in the middle, but we're preparing and already transporting a lot of our stuff etc, so I don't have much time for shitcoins, sound + hardware and other things I like.
- Haven Protocol got exploited, recently: a recently discovered bug allowed minting of additional coins, which it seems got exploited. This has caused a drop of over 90%: during the last altcoin frenzy a few weeks ago, XHV was trading at well above 30 USD, and it traded for as little as 2 USD.
- Developers released an update, today, saying that they're making good progress in mitigating the attack, and they will release a post mortem, soon.
- For me, this means that I need to buy moar. 🚀
- Update: I read somewhere that they are planning to do a rollback. Good decision. Unconfirmed.
- Update 2: here's the post mortem, and what will be done to mitigate this.
- Fluffypony is at it, again: Bruce wagner made bold claims that Monero's privacy is essentially a meme and that he can easily reveal transactions. From what I've read, it looks like Bruce found some (obviously defunct) "Monero transaction reveal tool" which spits out random transaction IDs. But yeah, read for yourself, as usually with Riccardo, it's a fun thread, I promise.
- Bitcoin is supposedly mining on 56% renewables / sustainable energy. Didn't read further, was too lazy to confirm, or see how they got to that number. ^^
- Seems DERO also has a few issues: it's possible to use 0 and -0 as valid byte strings for your key images, which can be used to "duplicate" your coins. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not that familiar with the project and I'm not even sure if my technobabble made the slightest sense.
- Thailand has filed a criminal complaint against Binance, saying they're running unregistered operations.
- Conclusion: we totally need more and better DEX solutions. There's almost nothing cross chain which is really usable. Either you go on ETH and have to wrap anything that's no native ETH, first, and deal with a ton of shittokens which are mainly born in the ETH ecosystem, or you deal with tons of small DEXes, each only serving a small niche with a handfull of coins / tokens. Something like Atomex, but with a lot more markets would be great. It's slow, and it's expensive, but you can do whatever the fuck you want there, enjoying your freedom to be left alone.
- LMAO. New York Post is shilling Maren Altman's astrology scam courses! Clown paper delivering clown show, exactly as expected. 😂
I'm having severe issues with my internet connection, today. It often happens that when I call a URL (as in, the one to save this post), I get a network connection error. This sucks, but I'll try to adapt to it.
- RE: yesterday: as expected, clown rapper Soulja Boy has removed the old tweet where he accidentally copied the shill part and replaced it with something less cringy.
- It looks like the market is running out of GPUs, again, thanks to the evil crypto miners.
Honestly, I didn't plan to start blogging short before midnight. But sometimes, there are higher forces at work which lead you to do your fkin work and keep your blog up to date. And yes, this one was absolutely worth it, I almost shat my pants laughing.
- Clown rapper Soulja Boy tweeted about $SAFEMARS (there's rumor it's a scam), but he forgot to remove the line which contained his salary 🤣
- If you're poor as fuck (after a longer Twitter session, I always have to remember that I can swear no problem here on my blog lol) and wanna gamble on some potential airdrops, icebergy has compiled a list with potential airdrops.
- Relai.ch is doing a giveaway. Retweet this tweet to get a chance to win a dope hoodie. Winners announced tomorrow at 9am CEST. Wish me luck!
- Elon Musk (the bored version, tbh I'm still not 100% sure if this is really Elon) has opened a Marscoin related Discord. I planned to join, but Discord always sucks with logins, and this thing just won't open the desktop app (where I'm logged in) and keeps opening it in the browser (where I'm somehow not able to log in).
- By the way: did anybody notice how awfully annoying it is to login to Discord? Not only the 2FA related stuff, this always kinda works. But dare you opening a chat in a browser where you're not logged in, then good luck finding a login button. I spent ten minutes trying to find it, and oh well did I feel dumb, but I could not fucking locate it.
- A bit of offtopic: I hope we'll never have to deal with bullshit like this. I probably don't share the same opinion as the author (I don't know anything about him), but this is not how you solve problems. Side note: I blindly copypasted this after reading the whole thread. I cannot say for certain that the documents are genuine, so keep in mind that this could as well just be bullshit.
- One more: everybody had that moment when you talked about a certain product with someone, then went back to your computer or phone and all of a sudden, an ad for that very product pops up. It's creepy and you might think your phone's mic is spying on you. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
- "You can trade over 50 cryptocurrencies on binance.us" – this seems to be a cleaner version of binance.com? 😀
Anyway, good night. I'm tired, I got my second BioNTech jab, today. Finally done with this.
So, Bitcoin dumped to shit (lost over 50% since its all time high) and everybody turned bearish, calling the end of the rally. Now, we're getting a retrace and it's gonna get interesting to see whether this is a dead cat which just bounces a bit, or if the rally continues. Some caution in the coming days won't hurt. But now let's have some fun with Twitter, shall we.
- I still have yet to understand why their stance on this matters in any way, but Goldman Sachs officially recognized Bitcoin as an asset class.
- Meanwhile (a few days old, already, but I still want it in here), Peter Schiff ridicules Bitcoin for its currently x10 since the low versus Gold making miniscule profits.
- Speaking of dips: Elon Musk and his buddies have joined the Team Plunge Protection™, fixing Bitcoin's "energy problem", fwiw.
Again, a day where we seem to trade only Elon. Similar to McAfee's appearance in crypto, I'm starting to wish he never joined our degeneracy. People are in full retard mode, buy and sell their BTC based on Musk's tweets and nothing makes sense, anymore. But ok, here we go:
- Open tweet and scroll up a bit for lolz and read this for the reason why BTC takes a nosedive, right now. Well, at least my shitcoins don't go down. Buy my bags, Elon! 💪
I just cannot not write about this. This morning, I woke up and the whole web / Twitter was in full retard mode. What happened? Elon Musk revealed  that Tesla will not accept Bitcoin payments anymore, because he's worried about the Bitcoin ecosystem's carbon footprint. He cited a few articles which have nothing scientific on them (yes, I read the whole shebang), just the general fud we all know by now:
Regarding his obviously new formed opinion, it's at least interesting to note that not long ago, he agreed to someone who stated that Bitcoin actually incentivizes mining on clean / renewable energy.
This guy has something on him where you don't know if you can trust him. I've had so many friends saying (years ago) that he's either the greatest genius or the biggest scammer on this planet. There is nothing inbetween. And I don't like such people. When I see someone, I wanna be able to asses what kind of person I'm dealing with. And somehow, this isn't possible with Elon Musk.
Honestly, I have no problem with people who see Bitcoin only as a way to make money. That's perfectly fine, Bitcoin is what you want it to be. Pick its properties which serve your purpose most and use it for that. This is what makes Bitcoin so great: it's versatile in many, many ways.
But holy fuck, Elon. You really don't have to shit in everybody's soup, just because you "made a discovery" (which I don't buy, either). You cannot at one point say that you gotta be careful, because you "just realized" that your tweets move markets [Note: I can't find that particular tweet, right now… maybe, I'll try to find it tomorrow, but now, I really wanna finish this article and go to bed, it's past midnight, already; for the time being, you can read more about this here], then constantly pump altcoins in ways which are almost as disgusting as McAfee's modus operandi, then agree that Bitcoin is incentivizing green energy because it fits yocan spam this timelineur financial needs in that particular moment, and then dunk on that one community which actually enjoyed your presence because you either have a short open or want to buy lower. This is asshole behavior.can spam this timeline
But there is one thing left to say (and to finally finish this article, which was supposed to only be a couple of lines, haha): thanks for showing your real face, I am pretty sure that the crypto community will not forget this.
It's been some time... during the past months, my incentive to write meaningless blogposts here was pretty low. Got quite a bit of things going on in this weird thing called real life, and boy, does it distract me from the bull market!
It's fine, though. I have my bags and I regularly spend time scooping markets for promising projects. Compared to 2016+, I'm spending much, much less time in front of the screen, but the results are the same – if not better. So far, everything I expected from 2021 came true, Altcoins are doing their thing, making higher highs and higher lows, and Bitcoin is sitting more or less stably in the 50.000$ area. Let that sink in for a moment. Fifty thousand US Dollars (at the time of this writing even 57.000$). Amazing.
Bitcoin being my main objective, my current exposure is still close to zero. Yes, I'm all in altcoins, and there's nothing you stupid maxis can do about it. 😀
So yeah, I'll try to write a bit more, here, in the coming time. It would be a shame to not keep track of everything that's going on, right now. Altcoin Season (and Tezos still shitting the bed whenever possible, lol), Bitcoin Season, Happy Season… Everything Season! 🚀
Oh, one more thing: I did something really retarded: I spend 500 fucking US Dollars for an emoji URL redirect. It's not decentralized, it's nothing great / new / disruptive. It's just a fucking URL redirect. I "bought" the emoji domain https://y.at/🍆💰🍆 and I feel pretty dumb about it. Not that it made me poor or anything, but I've paid it with my credit card, and it feels much more real than when you pay with gambling tokens a.k.a. Bitcoin or Altcoins.
We'll see what happens. I'll just keep it in my mental trash bin which is large enough so I won't need to ever empty it, and who knows, maybe I'll find a greater fool who buys me out of my stupidity by paying even more money for this. ^^
Other than that, Tezos is pulling a Litecoin, even Ubisoft announcing that they're a baker now didn't move the price at all. My Haven (XHV) bag is doing fine and I expect it to break out anytime soon. Love their xAssets like xUSD, which are backed by XHV. Pretty clever concept, if you're interested in decentralized stablecoins, I suggest looking into it. Haven is basically a Monero fork which managed to implement colored coins, so they can reflect pretty much any asset which has a publicly accessible price feed (e.g. via oracle). This thing is likely to melt some faces.
Take care, stay healthy and enjoy the bull market!
Another year has passed. No need to talk about how shit 2020 was, so I'll leave that out. Ok, so yesterday, I've made a plan for the coming days / weeks, as well as for the entirety of 2021. Most who know me a bit know that I'm convinced we'll reach six figures in the coming year since at least 2017. I'm sometimes referring to this as #agenda2020+. I'm confident the top of the coming rally will be somewhere between 100.000 and 420.000 USD.
By the way: I'm currently working on an article on how to "protect" your KYC data using steganography. It's a precaution you can take to be able to identify services which sell your KYC data, get hacked or have your ID etc get into the wrong hands by other means. I'll probably release it soon™ in the blog section.
Here's my current trading status:
- slowly unwind some of my altcoin positions against BTC: ✅
- sell the BTC blow off top in the low 30.000 range: ❌
- wait for BTC correction, then spot buy all BTC I can get (catching the knife, no problem without leverage): ❌
- and then maybe, just maybe start a margin long, depending on how well I can catch the correction: ❌
- …what I'm also going to do on January 1st (depending on available contracts and BTC price) is buy an option for a six figure BTC price on Deribit: ❌
- Bitcoin: We just had a small correction from above 29.000 USD (yay, new ATH lol) to 28.000 USD.
- I don't think this is it, yet, and I'm expecting at least one more push.
- The only thing I'm uncertain over is the new year thingy. I have absolutely no idea if it makes sense that other degens will dump crypto, today, to realize profits or losses for their taxes. It used to be a narrative in the past years, though.
- For now, I'll wait and monitor the market closely. No need to FOMO dump just now.
- I was generally unwinding my altcoin positions, but then found that 1inch looked insanely good. As I wanted to end this stupid year 2020 with at least something positive, I bought some at 4300sat (it's currently trading at 4800sat).
Bitcoin is at 26.600 USD (had an ATH of over 28.000 just recently!) and altcoins are still showing strength at their bottoms. Most are at historic lows, and now that people got used to Bitcoin trashing any altcoin returns over the past two years, there's very little incentive to buy altcoins for many (or they just ran out of money). Exactly the same as in 2016/17. So what happens next?
- Some projects will continue to fall.
- If the overall market shows strength, here, identify these kinds of projects and avoid them.
- Use simple tools to identify good buys:
- Does the current low hold well?
- Does the market show increased volume?
- Do dips get bought up fast?
- This is what I'm using to identify good buys for the next bull run. And I'd even go as far as saying that a proper altcoin season is practically inevitable... Bitcoin is already getting its run, and the more retail is buying Bitcoin, the more retail is buying altcoins. It's just how this cycle works. Let's make use of it.
- I'm currently eyeballing / buying with the following:
- Digibyte (DGB): is at historic low, volume is good and it is known for its insane pumps.
- Viacoin (VIA): is sitting on a low which holds well so far, has casual insane volatility (someone's buying aggressively, and I assume it's not for no reason) and works well to increase overall bag size. Btw, if you're into buying dips, consider doing it right the fk now, 1030sat is a good price!
- And some others like NANO (former RaiBlocks), Verge (XVG) and some smaller ones like DOCK, MITH and a few random ones which I won't buy a lot of.
- I assume the lows I bought at will hold for a while. If I'm right about the market (I have been since 2016ish), we are currently at the stage millionaires are made at. To make the best out of it, I have set myself one simple rule: Don't sell at a loss! Yes, that's it. If you made good choices with your alt bags, it should be easy to sell most of them at a decent profit.
For anybody new to the game: expect a totally new kind of experience – there is nothing like altcoin season in digital life. Enjoy!
- Other stuff:
- Yesterday (I know, old news is sooo exciting, right?), COVER fucked it up. They had a bug (?) in their smart contract's minting function, allowing for the generation of unlimited supply. Someone took advantage of it and sold iirc 16.000.000 USD worth of tokens. Then, GRAP chimed in and bailed them out. As a result, GRAP pumped from 0.05 USD to 0.80 USD.
- Livecoin got hacked - twice! A few days ago, they got pwned massively, effectively losing control over their servers.
- Then, something beautiful happened: markets pumped like mad, with Bitcoin seeing prices of 240.000 USD. But then, ugliness came: people could not withdraw their gains, of course.
- Livecoin supposedly just had control over parts of their frontend servers, allowing them to display a warning for users to not use the exchange.
- They got back control over their servers, kept the warning and, guess what: got fucked, again. LOL
- Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5159692.msg55965820#msg55965820
- This is the address the attacker posted to supposedly extort money from them.
- GerberKawasaki spreading investment advice 😂 (backup image)
- Peak ignorance brought to you by Frances Coppola. 😂
- I might have to create a subsection "Bitcoin Wisdom" on this site. 🤔
- Update (ten minutes later): done!
- Say hi to my new section "Crypto Wisdom", inspired by recent events. I'm planning to post... well, just have a look, I'm sure you'll get the gist of it. ^^
I haven't written much, recently. Reason is that I fell into a rabbit hole, again: music production. As some of you might know, I'm compulsively collecting sound gear, recently, and this grabbed my whole attention. Shitcoins are doing their thing, sometimes I'm buying some, sometimes I'm selling some. Nothing special, and while I think we're on the verge of a beginning altcoin season (which might last up to a year and beyond, in total), I figured that my trading is much, much better when I spend less time... trading. 😄
So that's it, basically. My main plays are currently NANO (bottomes out, looks like it'll pump, soon) and DCR (will also pump at some point, but has these insane single green candles), both promising projects which have more than proven their pumpabilities, so besides some wave trading with a small part of my overall bag, I'm basically just letting it ride. And I recommend you do the same.
Because remember: we're all future rich. All we have to do is hodl! 🚀